Hi from Canberra, Australia

Jan 23, 2018
Canberra ACT
Just wanted to say hello to TFP, been lurking for nearly a year as we have been planning to put up a 12x24 Bestway for summer :) well summer is here and work is still underway.
I'll throw up a new install thread soon once i organise some of the photo's from the last six months.

about 12 years ago we had a 12' soft sided pool for a couple of season but had no idea on chemicals but reading TFP for the last 8-10 months has provided great grounding on doing the right things this time round.

Yes i have bought a Clear Choice Labs test kit that arrived just before xmas and have taken some of the quiet time to design a fully 3D printed stand set for it.

anyway hello and looking forward to 2019 and at least a few months of water time before it cools off to much :)

Cheers
Phil

Hello Phil and welcome to TFP! :wave:
Thanks Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the Welcome everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Phil from Brisbane! You guys have been having some hot weather down there. Hopefully you’ll have your pool up soon but definitely good to take your time. Good job on the CCL test kit too.

Typical Canberra summer, maybe a few weeks early for the stupid hot days, was hoping to have everything ready for when we get back from holidays in Jan to fill the pool with water. sadly a few days in hospital may have put a dent in that.

Yeah as for the pool size i was originally looking at the 16x32, i could have made it fit but settled on the 12x24 as being more sensible

- - - Updated - - -

Hi from Adelaide Phil...

Great to see that you have purchased a CCL testing kit, the fact that you have also been lurking on here researching for some time will generally place you a few steps ahead of the rest of the new members that show up.

yeah the nearly 12 months of reading a LOT of threads I reckon has been a good thing, already looking at SWG and pump/filter upgrades but now likely for next summer :)

Yeah i figured that i better get the CCL test kit before i got yelled at by the forum :)

"have taken some of the quiet time to design a fully 3D printed stand set for it"
Whaaaaat? Have you printed it yet? do you have pictures? I'm curious as to what it looks like. I love 3d printers it's like living in the future finally!

I got a Wanhao duplicator 9 400mm version late last year and am having a ball making stuff. I'm trying to build my own automation projects, because I love automation and it's so easy to think oooooh if I had a part shaped like this, and a cog like that, and a wheel that did that..... and now I finally have a printer that can make those pieces. Now I just have to admit that my arduino coding is average and my soldering is significantly below average.

Is there a TFP-like forum for soldering?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support