Silver Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here we go again, just after I got it down to a science! Changed out the liner and we have well water. Don't know where to go with this.

FC=8
CC=0
CYA=50
PH=7.0
ALK=325
I can't get the ALK down. Use the calculator and added Borax. The ALK went up from 300 to 325. I tried to lower it with Acid and aerate and that hasn't worked. Could it be the CH I don't check because it's a vinyl pool? Thank you!

For the TA, right now you need to aerate like crazy. Get that water churned-up which will increase the pH. Let the pH get to 8.0 then hit it with muriatic acid down to 7.0. Not Borax. Acid will lower the TA when done in that order. Repeat that process until you get teh TA where you need it.

As for the well water, are you seeing any staining or color changes? If not, the iron content may be low. If you have a large bucket of ice tea there, let us know.

See From brown to 😍😍. Thank you polyfil!

Thank you so much! I have the ph up to 8.0 and just added acid only. I’m letting the pump run and will check again tonight if that’s not too early. I remembered last night about this process and let it aerate overnight. This is going to take a while since my TA is up to 350 now for adding borax the other day. I just need to continue the process and be patient and buy another case of acid. Otherwise the water is very clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.