No chlorine loss overnight.(scratching my head) But lots of tannish/brownish blobs all over bottom of pool. I decided to up my game at 0630 and whipped out my battery operated pool blaster and vacuumed the crud up. Though I’m sure a lot just went back into pool I’ve got an extra fine sock over my filter in my vac so hoping it at least helped a little.

Question of the day… we are heading into 90s and 100 temps this week and since my pool is uncovered and in full sun all day long would it help to add water to “cool” a bit? I’ve got a few inches to work with till I’m spilling over but then again that may be ok 🤷‍♀️

would it help to add water to “cool” a bit? I’ve got a few inches to work with till I’m spilling over but then again that may be ok
It would warm almost as quickly as you added it, and if you saw any temp drop at all it would only last a day.

Reactions: Carshell
I don't know that it will be an issue anyway. In 13 pool seasons in the Midwest (first 3 with no heater) I've only ever wanted my water warmer.
Since adding a heater my wife and kids are spoiled and prefer temp to be 88 for swimming.

Of course, some prefer a pool to be more refreshing, but even when we've had those heat waves I don't know that my water temp has ever gotten much more than mid 80s on its own.

The intense heat in the south can be a different story.

Reactions: Carshell
I took my floating pool thermometer out of the pool over a week ago (to remove potential algae sources) so not sure what my temp is now but it’s registered 90 before….

but I didn't realize parts of Iowa got that warm!
It's all relative to the locale. Being used to cool water compared to most of the country, we think 85 is a bathtub up here. It usually gets a couple weeks in the high 80s in August.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ha! It's not bad on the coast. Consitantly cooler here than say Atlanta.

It was only $300 to upgrade Pentair heat pump to heat pump/chiller. Idk why they don't just put the chiller in the base price of a new pool.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.