Asummerfield

Aug 13, 2020
Vicksburg, MI
New pool owner and my pool is green. I have a saltwater generator, approximately 22k gallons.
When I tested FC did not turn pink so no cholrine. CYA the black dot never disappeared. Our saltwater generator is saying low salt. We don’t know what to do. Please help!!B4DEB717-3C73-4FF4-BCEF-CB62953312E4.jpeg

How long has it been since it was filled and was it municipal water or well water? Do you have a Salt test kit? Based on your other comments, it sounds like you have a good test kit, please confirm whether it is K2006 or TF100?

You will need to follow the SLAM process outlined here - SLAM - Shock Level and Maintain - Trouble Free Pool

To do that, you'll need to get CYA up to 30 using granulated acid (be careful not to overshoot), PH lowered to 7.2 using muriatic acid. Turn off your SWG and use liquid chlorine/bleach to keep your FC at 12 until you pass the three criteria outlined in the SLAM article.

Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include well ( if applicable) and test kit. We'll be glad to help. Make sure to read and save those Vital Links in my sig as well. Welcome to TFP! :wave:
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.