Help with spa valves!!

Jess0114

Aug 26, 2022
Dallas Texas
Ok so I need help asap please !! So normally we control all our pool functions via a pool remote. Lately the pool balance labeled “spa return” stopped automatically working from the remote so the pool guy said to manually turn the valve for now.. since doing this I completely confused myself and husband to the extreme! We for some reason cannot seem to understand any of this and is driving us nuts!! I am going to attach a picture of what our valves look like at this moment posting this post. Here is what we need help understanding (far left one is “pool return” and far right is “spa suction”):
1) from this picture what would I adjust to make the jets turn off?? This setup turned the spa off and heat off without making it drain the entire thing.

2) in order to use the spa what would I do to the valves before using it ?

**The valance on very right that says “spa suction” still automatically works with remote. **

3) when everything is in the correct place to have the spa OFF, would we start by adjusting the “spa mode” or “spa heater” on the remote first whe starting to turn the spa on ? We cannot seem to figure out which of those two options is controlling the “spa suction “ and “spa return”

I do not understands why this is so confusing for us but I am losing my mind! Please try to explain as simply as possible. We would be forever great for ANY help!!!!

Attachments

• BF1D126C-D37A-47B9-B0AB-4CFADA84F7F1.jpeg
    BF1D126C-D37A-47B9-B0AB-4CFADA84F7F1.jpeg
    797 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to TFP
There are 2 basic modes for your system
Pool Mode - the suction is from the skimmer and/or main drain
The return is to the pool via the pool returns

Spa Mode - the suction is from the spa and the return is to the spa.

Currently per the picture, you have suction from the pool but you are returning to the spa

On the Right side - the valve handle with the word OFF is blocking the Spa Suction and full open to the skimmer and main drain
On the Left Side - the valve handle with the work OFF is blocking the pool return and full open to the spa return.

Turn the handle on the left side, 180 degrees and it will then be OFF to the spa return and open to the pool return - this would be standard POOL Mode.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.