LifeTime Supporter
Aug 21, 2009
Keene, Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Our Vectra 24" ABG has come to its life's end and we are going to replace it. Listed below are the pool and components we are planning on right now. Please let me know of any concerns. And I need recommendations on what to get for an SWG. We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
  • Pool - Saltwater 8000 (thepoolfactory.com)
    • We want to sink it in the ground the allowed 27"
    • Professional Install
  • reusing AquaTools AT3120 Sand filter (no longer available, but I think it still works fine)
    • (200 lb sand filter, 21" diameter and 2.18 Area in sq. ft)
    • Will this work still?
  • reusing Jacuzzi 1.5 H.P. Pump - Big enough?
  • We want to use SWG (Hence, the saltwater friendly pool) - not sure what to get.
    • have read that Pentaire is very good (sister has IntelliChlor model on her inground)
    • CircuPool seems to be good also
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Hey there, If you are going through the expense to bury the pool get one that will never ever rust.. they will last, once you get rust it will die...

The RJ Circupool models just work, they are great.. and they have a 7 year warrantee unlike pentair 1 month and hayward 1 year warrantee.. :)

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hey there, If you are going through the expense to bury the pool get one that will never ever rust.. they will last, once you get rust it will die...

The RJ Circupool models just work, they are great.. and they have a 7 year warrantee unlike pentair 1 month and hayward 1 year warrantee.. :)
I liked that Aurora pool, I looked at it. But it is twice as much money. And the Saltwater 8000 is "saltwater friendly" and has a 60 year warranty, even if you do sink it in the ground up to 27". We are not completely burying it, only a couple feet into the ground.

I am leaning toward the Circupool models. they have a lot of different models to choose from, hard to pick. The RJ30 might not be quite big enough if we go bigger than a 24' pool. But the RJ 45 might be overkill, lol. Are the other Circupool models, such as the edge series, good also?

The Edge, Core, and RJ a great models so far.. I have not heard anything bad about them.. You say the 45 is overkill but really it is not, the bigger the better as I also do not think the 60 is overkill... When they are bigger you can turn them way down and run 24/7 or turn them up to 100% and run them 2 to 6 hours and then turn your pump and system off... Just depends on what pump you have...

As for warranties, the Aurora is lifetime no questions asked replacement with no money... The 8000 is really a 10 year warranty and at 10 years you are paying 80% of the pool so really you are buying another brand new pool not to mention tearing out the old pool and reinstalling... The aurora will outlast you :)

I do understand the added expense though....

Ahh.... yes, I see what you mean. I just went and looked at the actual warranty documents, and it seems that 60 year warranty doesnt really mean 60 years. And, it really is only 3 year warranty, they you pay an increasing percentage of repair costs each year after 3 years. Maybe I will still have to consider the Aurora, even though it is twice as much.

What about my questions regarding the pump and sand filter?

I think you will be fine with that pump and filter.. In a couple years you could go to a VS pump and be good to go

At 5 years your paying half the cost of a new pool.. Aurora is lifetime free... :)

If I decide to go with the 30' pool, will that pump and filter still work?

• reusing AquaTools AT3120 Sand filter (no longer available, but I think it still works fine)
    • (200 lb sand filter, 21" diameter and 2.18 Area in sq. ft)
    • Will this work still?
  • Jacuzzi 1.5 H.P. Pump - Big enough?

here is the deal with pumps and filters.. It all depends on how you like the water to look..

The bigger the filter the less you have to clean it... it goes the other way also, the smaller it is the more you have to clean it.. If you are ok with how much you cleaned the filter then you are good to go..

The pump is actually big for any size pool.. With that 1.5 hp, you have to use 1.5 hp all the time... your using 1500 watts for however long you run it...

the idea now is to get a VS pump to use exactly how much pump you need at any 1 time... with a 3hp vs, you can use all 3hp / 3600 rpm for 10 minutes while vacuuming and then just normal filtering using 1/4 hp or 800 rpm.. I am using about 150 watts for 12 hours a day..

Most say VS pumps are too expensive, now they really are not.. Look at these 2 VS pumps, 400 or 500 for pumps, they just do not do any external automation, they use the internal clocks and automation.. Both would work great for your pool and save you MAJOR money :)

You could also change your pump to a VS pump by changing the motor to a V Green.. The 1.65 would work perfect for your pump..

here is the deal with pumps and filters.. It all depends on how you like the water to look..

The bigger the filter the less you have to clean it... it goes the other way also, the smaller it is the more you have to clean it.. If you are ok with how much you cleaned the filter then you are good to go..

The pump is actually big for any size pool.. With that 1.5 hp, you have to use 1.5 hp all the time... your using 1500 watts for however long you run it...

the idea now is to get a VS pump to use exactly how much pump you need at any 1 time... with a 3hp vs, you can use all 3hp / 3600 rpm for 10 minutes while vacuuming and then just normal filtering using 1/4 hp or 800 rpm.. I am using about 150 watts for 12 hours a day..

Most say VS pumps are too expensive, now they really are not.. Look at these 2 VS pumps, 400 or 500 for pumps, they just do not do any external automation, they use the internal clocks and automation.. Both would work great for your pool and save you MAJOR money :)

You could also change your pump to a VS pump by changing the motor to a V Green.. The 1.65 would work perfect for your pump..
Thanks so much, that helps a lot

So, I have decided to go ahead and buy the aurora, probably 27’ round. When is The best time to buy? Does the pool factory have sales during the winter time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not sure, Most of the time they raise prices in the spring.. call them and ask if they are going to have a sale or if you can get a 10% discount for posting your build on TFP, or because it is Tuesday, or a discount for calling.. I try just about anything, tell them a joke and make them laugh, 10% off :laughblue:

I have a 33’ round pool w/ a 1.5hp single speed carvin/jacuzzi pump & a 250# sand filter- rarely need to backwash. Those should be fine
If i was buying new I would probably pick a 2 speed pump - way easier on the electric bill but not as pricey up front as a vsp.

Reactions: amoses
Okay, here is where I am at now. I decided that I am going to buy the Aurora pool, but we are going to stick with the same size we have now - 24' round. I have not ordered it yet. They are having a 20% off sale right now, but they extend the sale every time it is supposed to be over, lol.

I was curious if The Pool Factory has Black Friday sales that are better than the current sale?

I did go ahead and order a 2 speed Hayward 1.5HP pump off eBay for $379.00 and I have it already, I will keep my Jacuzzi pump as a back-up. I still plan to reuse the sand filter as I stated earlier.

I did order an SWCJ, Circupool RJ -45 from Discount Salt Pool for $1395, it is supposed to be here tomorrow.

I just have to order the pool now, and foam cove. And maybe something for the bottom of the pool? Any comments on that? or any of the rest of this?

Oh... And I still have to find an installer that is reliable.

If I recall the pool factory usually has a Black Friday type sale. Not sure if it will be better or the same prices as now. Availability has been the real issue lately so if it’s in stock now u may wanna pull the trigger.
I had the perfect one all picked out from there but I ended up purchasing my pool on Black Friday from a local place instead because I couldn’t find an independent installer (i needed a big dig) & it was the same price w/ install included (turns out the free installation was worth what I paid for it 😳).
If i ever replace the pool/ liner I feel confident I could install it myself now since the hole already exists. Hopefully by then they will have an all resin 33’ round.
Lots of folks love their happy bottom or gorilla pad it’s really up to u & if cost is a factor. I have an extremely divoted sand bottom & wonky sand cove so I would probably go with foam for both upon liner replacement especially if i were doing it myself. Look/ask on your local fb groups about installers. If you end up going the diy route there are lots of build threads on here u can follow/reference. A diy replacement is generally a little easier because the dirt work is mostly done & usually just needs touching up.

Reactions: amoses
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.