Help with neighbors pool

So my neighbor is recently widowed and in dealing with death of husband and moving etc pool was neglected. Its roughly 18x32 with deep end but its a chlorine pool and my only experience is with saltwater. I dumped some shock in it last night and several chlorine tabs in return baskets and chlorinator chamber and it cleared pretty good. So now how do I proceed?
I added some CYA to hold chlorine in, gonna add some liquid chlorine in tonight and refill tabs but do I need to add more shock or when do I need to quit adding shock?
She is selling home and having open house soon so hopefully it

Attachments

• 20210908_162858.jpg
    20210908_162858.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210909_092623.jpg
    20210909_092623.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 18
You can change the gallons in PoolMath so it’s accurate or if u have a premium subscription u can just add their pool - i have a “pretend pool” set up so I don’t change my pool’s settings when i help others.
A ph that low isn’t readable on the comparator block ( I assume you’re guessing based on the color)
Depending upon the ta (i have a feeling it’s low) you have a couple other choices besides baking soda
E48BAAEB-F4E7-4F37-82B3-1EE9F4BF75A7.jpeg
You need a cya test asap or u may just be spinning your wheels - maybe a pool store in the area has the regeant in stock?
Also remove the tabs- they are just driving down ph

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.