help with how many gallons my pool/spa is

trae*

Aug 15, 2017
katy,tx
So just finished with the build and builder is telling me its 16,500 gallons which i find hard to believe.

Entire length and width is 12x30 but this includes a sunshelf that is 5'x7' and a 6x6 spa

the actual pool minus the sun shelf and spa is 12x23' with depths of 3.5' - 6' which by all the calculations i have seen makes it around 10k gallons for the pool and the spa being roughly 800 more gallons.

i forgot to check my water meter before and after the fill .

where would they get 16,500 from? am i missing something?

Entire length and width is 12x30 but this includes a sunshelf that is 5'x7' and a 6x6 spa

the actual pool minus the sun shelf and spa is 12x23' with depths of 3.5' - 6' which by all the calculations i have seen makes it around 10k gallons for the pool and the spa being roughly 800 more gallons.

where would they get 16,500 from? am i missing something?

Using your numbers, I get about the same volume you calculated, ~10-11k gallons.

12'x30'x6' block is ~16k gallons. The PB may have assumed a 6' depth for the whole pool.

When you dose the chemicals, use 11k and see how the predicted values match the actual test results. Adjust the pool volume in PoolMath to match what you see as tested numbers. And use my favorite test kit TF-100 for accurate results

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.