Help with a Pentair Variable speed and flow pump

Aug 8, 2016
San Antonio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
HI everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on the Forums. Several medical issues and then last season I had to.have my pool completely remodeled. Not.sure thr previous owner hired a reptuble company or.a.fly by night to install the pool but they went out of business shortly after instal according to the neighbor. The attached the skimmers the patio and NOT the pool itself. Of course this caused both skimmers to crack. Plus it was a saltwater pool and had steel plat.as the top of the groto and waterfall that.was so rusted I'm surprised it.didnt collapse into the pool. Changed everything over to clorine and had a 2"?? Sand filter installed using glass beads as the medium.

Problem is now I have forgotten how to program the VSP pump. It will be controlled by an Easy Touch system (old one) won't go to flow, only to VS. I know the pump has an external control system with some sittings but not sure if I need to set any of them or just control it with the Easy touch? If I need to set up that part of the pump ( I think it 4 settings what do I set up and what RPMs do I use. BTW F circuit 1 is set up on the Easy touch as pool high. I think the pump installer did that on purpose so I could some how run the pool fast for a few hours to help mix chemicals and clean/skim. Then set the "pool" setting at a lower speed. When using the settings intiliflow pump 1 I have something like 8 placesitting. Can I set up more than one pool seed, but then how do you control the time etc under schedule? Finally, what are the recommended RPMs for a 20k pool for, pool, pool& spa, cleaner' and waterfall? I know some like the waterfall is choice but others ar critical. Sorry for being so long but was on hold with Pentair for.over an hour and finally hung up!
Thanks in advance for any insite and help.

If the pump is connected to the EasyTouch with an RS-485 cable, as it should be, you don't program the pump at all. You program the ET to control the pump. Do you have the manuals for the ET? They're not well written but after 4 or 5 readings, you'll figure it out.

Thanks Rocket J! In the morning I'll will go to the pump and clear the one sitting that i know is set up for the pool speed and then try to program eveverything through inteleflow settings. I noticed that sometimes it appears to be off. I don't know if this has something to do with the F Circut 1 that been set up as pool-high. I would assume that F circuit would be set to on and then under the pump setings I can set the RPMs to a higher rate than the pool for cleaning, chenicals ect. and then use the schedule to run it when I want. It seems pretty straight forward but that one renamed / assigned F Circuit through me a loop.

I wouldn't think it would matter in what order I input things in settings because the schedule would run what ever was called for. Just seemed like it would stop when I had the F circuit on. Speed might have been too low but didn't see the rolling boil in the spa that normally tells me it's running and circulating. I think the previous owner left the manual for the Easy Touch somewhere. I'll look for it but your right it will take several readings

Last edited:
Given that the pump is controlled by the automation, it should get constant power and not be toggled by a relay. Check that.

Last edited: