HELP - what is the pressure thing on top the canister called

Apr 20, 2008
Okay - you know the housing for the cartridge filter? On top there is a pressure valve that shows the pressure of the pump and then next to that is this type of valve - you use it to bleed the air out of the system when turning the pump back on and water comes out?

I need one and need to know the name.

The pool repair guy was here to fix the computer board for the SWG - which went well. And when he went to turn the pool back on he broke that valve. He did not have another one in the truck and get this - his company would NOT let him replace it because they said it could have broke with anyone and is not under warranty!! So I had to go to the store and get another one.

I come home with a new one (the guy in the store tried to tell me it costs $45 and I said no way I just paid $19.95 at PinchAPenny so he says okay $15!!!) and anyway, to make a long story short, the new thing-a-ma-jig doesn't work!! It is blasting water out of the top and I will have to take it back.

But in the mean time I want to know the name of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Hayward calls it an Air Relief Valve but I don't think there is a one size fits all type of replacement. You will probably need to order it by the specific part number for your filter. They ususally list each part in the manual.
Apr 20, 2008

"Air Relief Valve" - that was one trouble maker today around here - and now it has a name!!

I was thinking I might stock up on a couple of them because it broke on me last year and the online prices are always better.