help troubleshooting no pressure vacuum

dnb1200wrecka

Mar 7, 2023
San Diego
Hi,
I am a new member and am have a Pentair DE cartridge filter for a 12000 gallon in ground pool. I do regular cleaning and filter cleanings and charge it with DE evry time I clean the filters. I recently lot suction pressure to my vacuum. I thought it might be an air leak but I am very careful when I open the filter when i clean cartidges to seal it, I drain it of air on the valve on top of the filter when I first turn it on and i get good pressure for maybe 5 minutes. Then I lose suction and vacuum stops moving completely. I cannot figure out where the air is leaking from. I thought maybe I had leaves in the underground plumbing going to the filter and tried using a high powered wet vac but it sucked up just water. I am pretty novice to pools but have been successful in maintaining mine for almost 3 years now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.