Help! Tested water don't know what to do

Jun 28, 2016
Lehigh Acres/fl
I have a 14' x 48" round above ground pool. I filled it with my water two days ago we have well water. I shocked it twice and then took my levels this morning.
Hardness-500
Total Chlorine-0
Free Chlorine-1
Ph-7.8
Total alkalinity-240
Stabilizer-50

What do I add and in what order :(

First what are you testing with and clarify what you mean by "shocking it twice" :)

Welcome!!!!! [emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tested it with test strips from Walmart that have an app attached to it. And I shocked it with the HTH 1 pound bag of shock. I used two of them

QUOTE=clambert1273;1206695]First what are you testing with and clarify what you mean by "shocking it twice" :)

Welcome!!!!! [emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You really should not do anything based on test strips. They are just not accurate or reliable.

Also TFP does not recommend randomly adding a bag or 2 of shock powder. If There is a problem, we recommend following the SLAM process which requires a good test kit.

The results you posted are great at showing why we never use test strips.

The formula for Total chlorine is: Free Chlorine + Combined Chlorine = Total Chlorine.

Your test results show zero total chlorine and one free chlorine. That is impossible, and good evidence to why test strips are not trustworthy. I'm afraid it doesn't matter if it comes with some nice looking app, they are not useful for accurately measuring anything.

I was new to this last year. Trust the forum. It may seem overwhelming at first but with a little reading it will start to make some sense.

Your first step is go buy the TF-100 test kit. Once you have those results the Pool School and Pool Math will give you most of the answers you need. And those more experienced then me will help you along.

But seriously...order the test kit right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.