Help...Stabilizer bars too long?

Milomike

Jul 2, 2020
Iowa
We are on day two of our 24ft round shark line/Wilbar pool. Feel like we did a great job preparing the site as everything was with in a 1/2 inch around the outside.
we got the wall up and I the track and we’re able to match the connecting bolts on the first try...was pretty stoked about that.

today we finished the base and installed the liner, however the metal top rail/
Stabilizer bar is like 6 inches too long.

we triple checked every connection and none of the joints can go any tighter...
Will this stretch into position as we fill?
Or should I just slice off the extra and get it installed?

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! Congrats on the new pool.

What type of liner do you have? overlap, beaded, j-hook?
As you install the top bars, leave all the top rail pieces loose. don't screw them on snug or tight yet. This will allow some movement and stretch / compression. While that 6" may seem like a lot, the whole circumference is over 900". Only a very small changes are needed per panel. If this still doesn't help, then post up a picture so that we can see what you're working with.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! Congrats on the new pool.

What type of liner do you have? overlap, beaded, j-hook?
As you install the top bars, leave all the top rail pieces loose. don't screw them on snug or tight yet. This will allow some movement and stretch / compression. While that 6" may seem like a lot, the whole circumference is over 900". Only a very small changes are needed per panel. If this still doesn't help, then post up a picture so that we can see what you're working with.
thanks We have a over lap liner...
The plastic coping was perfecting length, and we pressed the ends of the bar as far into each other as we could zzz I think the issue was just I getting the crimped end pushed far enough into the next bar.
ImIn the end we went ahead and added the top plates all the way around except for the section were the stabilizer bar was over lapping.
This allowed me to confirm the wall was correct in size ( otherwise the pre drilled holes would not have lined up)
Then I went ahead and cut off the excess 4 inches and was able to get it to fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.