Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,
I have read about how to size pumps and filters but still a bit lost... Was hoping someone can give me some feedback. Here is my new pool build.

16x38 IG with a 6' sun ledge. I will also have 4 decks jets. My best guess is about 20K gallons or so water. I'm going with a DE filter for now for several reasons but I won't get into that now. I can go with 60 SQ FT since it's on sale for the same price as 36 SQ ft. 4 deck jets. 2 skimmers. 4 returns. 140K heat pump heater.

Can someone give me some suggestions on pool filter size and pump? Leaning towards all Hayward products.

Thank you all!!

Last edited:
Definitely go with 60 sq ft DE filter. That is what I have, and I backwash monthly and clean it completely twice a year.

Go with a variable speed pump up to 3 hp. With a VS you will run it at lower rpm for normal pool operations which cuts back on power consumption but with your deck jets you want to have the hp (higher RPM) to run those correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.