Help! Question re: Coverstar Automatic Cover

Really need the pit for the cover installed at the same time you build your pool. I think ours was about $10.5k but that was 15 years ago. We replaced our Coverstar cover for about 1/3 of the price with a Automatic Pool Cover Inc. cover. They also sell complete systems. May want to check the pricing on them.

Just remember to compare apples to apples. there is a large difference in the mechanisms that you don't see. They can be stainless steel or aluminum. If you are doing salt chlorination definitely go with the stainless steel. That price with the travertine walk on lids is pretty realistic for what I get here to do something similar

My pool is 18x40. Autocover was $15k including a walkon metal lid (standard lid). A lid that matched my stone coping was going to be another $20k! Hmm.

Hello.. I am just starting construction on a rectangle 18 x 36 inground gunite pool. My PB quoted $18K for an automatic cover with under rail and walk on travertine lid. Is this reasonable? Are there alternatives I should consider?
They are expensive to put in and expensive to maintain. I was told the cover itself lasts about 6 years. So plan on having that expense.

Mine was $14,600 6 years ago in MD for Coverstar, stone lid and undermount tracks, it's in the ballpark given the time. There was and is only one Coverstar version of their system. It has been pretty good. One rope broke last year and the keypad failed in year two. It's now 7 years old and fabric is still in good shape, but I don't use it year-round hear since we close and also don't use it full-time.

I recently heard from another user here that Cover Pools which is owned by Jandy, allows for integration with the Jandy iAqualink automation system so the system can adjust salt cell % or pump runtime when the cover is closed. Allowing for less adjustment to those settings than I have to do. But you have to have Jandy equipment and automation. Cover Pools also does offer a T3 (standard) and new T4 (stainless steel) systems. The T4 would be a no-brainer in my book.

But a PB may only be willing to work with one brand, but you never know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.