May 23, 2020
Maine
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase my first AGP and wanted some options. I have it narrowed down to two pools manufactured by Blue Cascade (links below). I'm looking at 21' in either option and the pool store/installer packages these with a 1HP pump and DE filter. The major difference is the Pearl has steel uprights as apposed to resin and the top plate is bigger/one piece on the Harmony. The Harmony costs roughly $1000 more and I'm curious if it's worth the extra money. I plan on standard chlorine treatment (not SWG) so that benefit is negligible. My biggest concern is longevity and the ability to withstand Maine winters and my wet clay yard. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Also as a first time pool owner should I be looking at a sand filter over DE for ease of use?

Resin Above Ground Pools | the Harmony | Blue Cascade Pools

Also looking for recommendations on pumps. The base packages come with a single speed pump. Is it worth going all the way to a variable speed pump or is 2 speed adequate for a simple setup in a 21ft AGP? Outside of efficiency is the variable speed really that much quieter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.