Help identify spa eyeballs

Contentt

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2018
Vienna, VA
Hoping someone can suggest replacement eyeballs for my spa or provide some insights on what I'm working with. The ones that came with the spa are push-in/slip-in and all the same size, some had electrical tape wrapped around to keep them secured in the pipe. I"m guessing someone installed the wrong size at some point and did this to keep them in. Three of the return pipes seem to have an indentation 1" inside the pipe, the other two pipes have an indentation about 2" inside the pipe. I thought it was odd that these are different lengths. Does it suggest I need two different length eyeballs?. Amy suggestions or input would be appreciated.

Here's some close up pics of the ones I pulled out, I was considering these that I found online, these insider eyeballs are hard to find. Does the fat part of this eyeball fit inside the indentation inside the pipe? Why would that be at a different depth on different pipes? A few years into pool ownership and still learning... Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 3
As long as the pipe is 1 1/2" (1.6" ID), then those would work. They fit flush with the wall surface. But the wall surface is not always the same depth relative to the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.