Help? I finished my slam and this...

Aug 25, 2016
Brick / NJ
The original spot that I posted has reappeared twice, along with two new spots since finishing my first SLAM and then raising to mustard levels. I passed an ONCLT for the slam at regular levels as well as mustard - two total (Pool water crystal clear, .05CC and .05 loss over night from 8pm to 6am). This also reappeared when the Chlorine level was at 16ppm and again at 14ppm. What gives? I can't post a photo because it gives me a quota error. Please help!IMG_20170606_103156.jpg

Does it feel like algae..sort of slime like? Can you get some on your fingernail and smear it on to a piece of white paper-does it look greenish then?

Have you ever had metals in your water? Or used copper containing algaecides?

Maddie :flower:

At first I was thinking this might a form of black algae, however it's virtually impossible for that algae to root into vinyl. Still, there are some good tips on the TFP Pool School - Black Algae page you might want to look at if you haven't done so already. Something else that may be pertinent to your scenario, what type of surface is behind the vinyl? Is it steel or concrete? I'm curious to know if what you are seeing is the color of something penetrating visually through the liner.

Does it feel like algae..sort of slime like? Can you get some on your fingernail and smear it on to a piece of white paper-does it look greenish then?

Have you ever had metals in your water? Or used copper containing algaecides?

Brushes away and is clean. It is showing up with a chlorine level of 16 and started to show at 22 ppm. Never used an algaecide and I drained and refilled my pool because I had metal in the water. This spot is new and was not there last year.

At first I was thinking this might a form of black algae, however it's virtually impossible for that algae to root into vinyl. Still, there are some good tips on the TFP Pool School - Black Algae page you might want to look at if you haven't done so already. Something else that may be pertinent to your scenario, what type of surface is behind the vinyl? Is it steel or concrete? I'm curious to know if what you are seeing is the color of something penetrating visually through the liner.

I have a steel wall with a vermiculite floor. This whatever it is brushes away completely but reappears.

Taylor Kit. I put water to the 10ml, add the powder. Shake and count the reagent until clear. Multiple that number by 5. I had a 5 day slam and pool looked great. Pool still looks great just don't know why these few spots are reappearing.

Taylor Kit. I put water to the 10ml, add the powder. Shake and count the reagent until clear. Multiple that number by 5. I had a 5 day slam and pool looked great. Pool still looks great just don't know why these few spots are reappearing.

You mean to say multiply by 0.5, right? Or said more simply- just divide the number of drops by 2. Same thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.