Help! I do not want to call the pool guys. Leak and liner

Jul 1, 2015
Thomasville, NC
Okay, I have had it with this pool this year. It is a 20X40 in ground vinyl liner. We have fought green algae all year. Finally replaced the failing SWG- did ourselves and super proud! When we first opened the pool I noticed we were losing water faster than normal but focused on the green algae and replacing the SWG first. Got all of that worked out and then focused on the leak. Confirmed no leak on the suction side and does not appear to be leaking to backwash- gasket and handle are only 2 years old and no visible water at end of pipe. I was suspicious of a skimmer leak so yesterday I plugged it with the gizmo. This morning had some water loss AND there are large bubbles in the liner (bottom of pool surface, not the sides).

What does this mean? Leak in liner or in the piping under ground. I am thinking by plugging the skimmer I stopped the suction and allowed the water to leak /seep out more quickly into the ground from the skimmer pipe and under my liner. Maybe? Maybe not? I am at a loss.

Do I have to drain the whole pool? How do I determine for sure that the leak is underground. I am afraid I am going to have to call in pool guys and I do not want to do that. We live in rural NC and only have one service company in the area. They are always booked weeks out, I end up telling THEM what the issue is, and they are outrageous in price. I am so aggravated and just defeated. This pool is going to win. aggghhhh

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

ickly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.