Help: Hard bump under vinyl liner sidewall, should I be concerned?

newpoolowner5178

Apr 29, 2022
North New Jersey
I bought a house with a 3 year old pool last year. We had it inspected and no issues were found so this bump must have occurred over winter while the pool was closed. Its fairly long, about a foot wide and sticks out about a 1/2 inch. One half is very firm and doesn't move when pushed with my hand. The other half is more pliable. I assume something has got between the liner and the wall. I'd guess a stick. Unlikely to be a tree root as this side is far from any trees.

I'm looking for advice on getting someone to inspect and repair it, hope it goes away on its own, or live with it.

pool bump.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only think if you can figure out how to pop a small area out of the wall, and reach down to remove it? Then repair the liner. I just don't know how to do it.

I know I've read that some repairs for rocks behind liners can be small cuts in the liner which allows for popping out the offending object then patching the liner.

Side note: when ever you get a new liner keep scraps for patches.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.