Jul 1, 2017
GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

Looking into so many products for the pool and it's a bit much. I know I need to purchase chlorine tablets right away.

Does anyone have experience using the multi-functional (4-1 / 6-1) chlorine tablets such as Chlorox Active 99, Pool Time Max Blue, or Robelle?

Some of these products say control algae and soften the water in addition containing 90% chlorine.

This seems like a logical choice to save some money instead of buying chlorine tablets + algaecide + baking soda.

Thanks

Hi dielseman and welcome! :wave:

Honestly, I only use pucks (tablets) when I'm in a pinch (going out of town or I've run out of liquid chlorine).
I think you would benefit a lot from reading this: Getting Started and learning about the BBB (Bleach, Borax, Baking Soda) method. I switched over to BBB about 8 years ago and I am SO glad I did! Those pucks often put a bunch of stuff in your pool that you don't really need and they can wreak havoc with your chemistry if you're not monitoring closely.
Also, if you could post, in your signature, information about your pool -- kind, size, etc. (see HERE) and also post your most recent test results -- that will help us better know how to answer you, as well. :)

If you want to waste money with a unsanitary unclear and green pool, go with solid forms of clorine.

Read up on pool school here, follow it to the letter, and enjoy all the extra money you can spend on bigger injectors and turbos.

Welcome to tfp! Hope you stick around!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.