Help! cloudy pool everytime it rains.

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure what's going on!! I have a 15000 gallons pool with 2HP bump(that's all i know about it) I live in South Florida so it rains a loooot!
I always brush and make sure that my PH and chlorine levels are good.
to get it back clear again i have to keep the bump running for days and use some type of pool clarifier.
Thanks.

Careless, are you talking about a bump style DE filter??

Clarifier will gum up filters so we never recommend them.

Do you test your water to know what you've got going on? There is more to taking care of a pool than just pH and chlorine levels.

We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Maddie :flower:

Hi Maddie,
Took a sample and asked the dude at the pool store to test. he said all is good and all i need is to add 2 gallons of chlorine and that should take care of it.he also tried to sell me some Clarifier !! OF COURSE LOL .
so i guess ill do that this evening and leave the bump running over night .

BTW! i have few bags of salt !! can i use it on a none salt water pool? just curious since I'm about to trash it.

Yes, you can add salt to a non-salt-water pool. It helps the water feel silky.

The pool store is just trying to make a sale.... not caring how it affects your pool!! Don't use it!! It is *evil*!!!

Gonna order a test kit so you can stay out of the pool store??? Check out the ones we like at : www.tftestkits.net

Maddie :flower:

Oh Sweet. Just ordered a kit!!
How many bags of salt should i use in the pool and how often should I do that ?
its a 15000 none salt pool

James.
OK, here is your first lesson- PoolMath

If you fill the top box out that says "size", go down a few rows (salt is a gray line) and fill in "0" for the Now box on the salt line and 2000 in the target Box and hit tab to the right it will tell you how much salt to add to your pool to get to the target.

These boxes work for everything. Chlorine, calcium ......

While I have your attention - can you narrow down your location a little.... Marathon is different from Kendall is different from Cooper City

And, please edit your signature and add the following information so we can better frame our answers to you.

• List what test kit you use to test your water
  • The size of your pool in gallons
  • If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
  • If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
  • The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
  • If you know, tell us the make and model of your pump and filter.
  • List any other equipment you have: SWG, second pump, etc.
  • Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Information in your signature will show up each time you post and it makes advice more accurate as we know what equipment we are dealing with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.