HELP! Check valve issues....

Sep 17, 2013
Background:

Bought house 4.5yrs ago, pool had bad plaster at the time but not leaking so just dealt with it. Also, every night, the spa water level would drop to the pool level when equipment was off. Just figured it needed a check valve but since plaster was bad I never cared.

Now we’ve had the pool remodeled, and I hired a company to do the new plaster start up. They agreed I probably just needed a check valve. I’ve been super busy with work so I just paid them to install.

Spa still drops. Guy who plastered the pool said the valve is in the wrong spot and needs to be in the area where I’ve circled in the picture attached. Obviously there are 2 OLD check valves there.

Today the hired company came back to trouble shoot and said they aren’t quite sure, replaced diverters and still happens, so maybe the old original rubber check valves. However, they also said that when in spa mode and you turn in the blower, water came out of it......that’s never been a issue before.

I’m starting to get aggravated so wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

No plumbing was messed with during remodel.

Thanks in advance, I know it’s a long read

Attachments

• 38BE2FFE-54C2-45A6-9D39-85568BB7A236.jpg
    38BE2FFE-54C2-45A6-9D39-85568BB7A236.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 29
  • FFE18320-9D57-4C6B-B4FD-565A5E7E508E.jpg
    FFE18320-9D57-4C6B-B4FD-565A5E7E508E.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 29
If the labels are correct, it should be in the correct spot on the left. Do you know what the line is that you have circled. If it goes to the spa, then it would need a check valve as well.

Can you take a picture of the suction side of the pump? If the spa/pool valve is leaking on the suction side, that could account for the problem as well.

I replaced the o rings in the pump side. I’m not home but can get a pic in a bit

I’m guessing the old check valves are bad....at least hoping the one I have circled is. I’m just guessing it goes to the spa, as it isn’t labeled

- - - Updated - - -

No frickin clue why water would suddenly be coming out the blower

Pool company just texted me saying they replaced the check valve where the pipe was cicrcled.

And that they hope it fixes it

Attachments

• 170DFDC3-D73A-4635-A72B-F5304A023450.jpg
    170DFDC3-D73A-4635-A72B-F5304A023450.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 27
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.