Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello!
Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out which pool cover to buy. I have a pool with a spa.
Pool is 30ft x 14ft. With SPA 30ft x 19ft. Installing it will be by me and a friend who has a hammer drill.
Just want to make sure the measurement of the cover I get can cover the pool and the spa. Not sure how people get customized covers that works for pool+spa.
I have a picture of the pool and also a measurement picture for clear reference. I messed up and put the spa on the left but it's on the right.
Hoping I have enough cement space to anchor the cover as well.
Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Oh and I'm thinking Waterwarden(SPQ) or Blue Wave for the covers since they're available on Amazon. I do have access to Home Depot as well if anyone makes other recommendations.
Thanks so much!

Last note. I'm in Southern California where there's not much rough weather. I mainly need it to cover it from debris and leaves that fall into the pool. Something simple that I can take on and off while going on vacation (to save my filter since I don't have a pool person) would be more preferable than heavy duty. I'd like to just use the spa as well during winter months.

Attachments

• PXL_20210716_024500154_2.jpg
    PXL_20210716_024500154_2.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 20
  • pmeasure.jpg
    pmeasure.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20210716_024515566.jpg
    PXL_20210716_024515566.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Based on what I read, the actual dimension of the cover is 2ft more than the stated size. The stated size is given to relate to the physical pool dimension. So a 30x20 cover (to match your pool of 30x19) would actually be 32 x 22. You have 4ft on each side so you have actual 38 ft and you have 3.3 on other sides so that is (6.4+19)= 25.6 ft of physical decking. Unless you find a place to customize you will have to take a standard cover and make it work.

Obviously you need to verify the physical dimensions of any cover you purchase to ensure it meets your needs as each mfg. may be different in their measurements of their products.

I don’t have to deal with anything that fancy but couldn’t you just buy one big rectangular cover and cover it all? I don’t think I’d even fool with shaping it around the spa. Unless the spa is something you use all year round but still you could just roll that side back. I know, not pretty but just saying.

Thanks! Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do after finding out how much a custom one is. You're right Selenap, I don't need it to be clean cut. I can probably figure out a way to cut it properly after ordering, but for now I'm okay with a big rectangle. Just wanted to get more eyes on it so I only order once. 32x22 cover is what I'll probably get. Thanks @HermanTX ! When I buy the cover, does it sell for the pool size or pool+buffer room?

Also with the cover on, do you still run filter like you usually do or run it less? Thanks for the feedback!!

Reactions: Selenap
When I buy the cover, does it sell for the pool size or pool+buffer room?
You need to verify this with each mfg. The ones I looked at listed the size as the pool area but the actual size was 2ft longer and wider to allow attachment to the deck.

Also with the cover on, do you still run filter like you usually do or run it less? Thanks for the feedback!!
You mostly likely can reduce your pump time but you still need to run it long enough to generate your chlorine. You will not lose FC due to UV with the cover on so your FC loss will be less thus your generation of replacement FC will be less. You probably should monitor this closely at first so you can get a feel for the FC requirements based on how long you have the cover on each week. Also, with the cover on you have less debris dropping in the pool so your skimmer time will not be as high.

Reactions: digiegg
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.