Help, Bromide tablets dissolved in 2 hours.

Bizarre that they would have products that have such a similar format and not do better at separating them. They could make the dichlor tablet a different shape/size, or stamp it with the letters “CL”, or add a colorant to it so that it can be easily identified and differentiated from their bromine products.

Glad they are taking responsibility for it and giving it the attention it deserves.

RBF International just contacted me to let me know what they're findings were into the investigation of what happened. The representative that I talk to was a very nice fellow and seem to be very knowledgeable about the incident and about their different product lines. He was also in contact with my local spa store immediately after receiving my email. He and his team went and searched for the buckets with the same date codes and lot number to find that the product was mislabeled and was also a product for a different Brand other than Coral spas. He said after their testing they found that the product that was in the bucket was NOT Bromide but a form of Dichlor, the quick-dissolving puck formulation used for shocking hottubs. He mentioned that they dissolve almost instantly when in contact with water. That seems to be what had happened but he could not explain why the first couple pucks I used took three to five days to dissolve. He then went on to explain that it's "near" impossible that the bucket was mixed with standard chlorine pucks but not 100% impossible. He then asked for my address to send me a compensation package for my troubles. Whatever that may be I won't know until it comes in.
Wow, that was fast - glad they took the incident seriously & investigated! Also, now you know you were not imagining the chlorine smell. Very interesting turn of events!

Reactions: PolarisRich
I knew a pool owner once that used broom pucks. Seemed to me that while tricolor pucks were dead white, the broom pucks were a bit tan or beige. But, I guess different manufacturers may be different.

EDIT: Bromo pucks, not broom pucks, dang autocorrect!

Reactions: PolarisRich
I knew a pool owner once that used broom pucks. Seemed to me that while tricolor pucks were dead white, the broom pucks were a bit tan or beige. But, I guess different manufacturers may be different.
You would think in this day and age that there would be a noticeable difference in color, shape, size or texture but no they were identical except for smell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.