Help any Hayward critter/wanda/dan users

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Seriously considering getting one of these AGP cleaners for more regular use than my Pool Rover Jr. Hate the idea of having to use a whole bunch of sections of hose jointed together. I'd have to get some extra sections for my pool size anyhow. Does anybody know if you can use a standard existing size hose to run these around? I understand that I may have to use the first section to the skimmer and the last section that comes with it to the cleaner head. Can you hook a standard hose between the two....IF.... you can't go all the way with it? Are they pretty good for just blown in fine dirt? I pretty much dipnet anything the net will pick up. Thanks for your input.

techguy

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2010
Antelope, CA
I have an Aqua Bug and it's been great for the past 6 years. My hose sections are cracking at the ends (from the sun). I am considering replacing the whole bug and keep the old one as a spare.

I need a new hose... so I too wondered if I could use a standard hose.

ultra800_96

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2009
Pomeroy, Iowa
I've had one for 15 years. Works great in my 24' round flat bottom pool. Just replaced it this year due to cracks in the hoses also. So I'm on the + side for recommending one.

I actually like the segmented hoses. When I'm ready to use it, I hook the first section to the critter, I let it fill with water, hook next section, lower it, next & so on. By the time I'm to the last section to go in the skimmer, the hoses are all full of water & I just plug 'er in & go.