Hello! New to Forum and have a unique problem

Gah. I hate that people paint pools. I bought a house that had a pool that was painted when I got to closing on it (long story). Are you seeing any blue color in your filter medium? Open up your filter and look in it for blue color. If you are, then I think you REALLY need to think about how you want to handle the paint situation. Maybe you got lucky and got a good paint job, but those seem to be few and far between.

I haven't seen any paint in my filter yet... for the most part the paint seems to be holding up well, and actually still looks good. There are some spots though, that I feel should have been patched before they painted it last time, and I want to address the slippery steps

I figured I should attach a better picture of my pool... my wife and I are trying to determine what type of construction our pool is... it was built sometime after 1970, and based on the age of the filter, I would say it was built in the 1970's. I am assuming gunite, but with my limited knowledge I don't know... All I can tell you about it is that it is painted with some sort of blue paint LOL

If anyone could offer any kind of theory on what you think our pool is, that would be awesome!

pool_clean.JPG

You all would be proud of me LOL...

I bought a TF-100 Test Kit today, XL option, and a Speedstir. I have about a month more away from home, so it should be waiting for me when I get home.
Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the size of the kit's case? This thing was pricey to ship to California!

You all would be proud of me LOL...

I bought a TF-100 Test Kit today, XL option, and a Speedstir. I have about a month more away from home, so it should be waiting for me when I get home.
Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the size of the kit's case? This thing was pricey to ship to California!
It will just barely fit in the carry-on compartment of a plane. Many of us leave ours on a hand truck since it's so heavy.

Just kidding! :laughblue:

About the size of a legal pad, 2" thick or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.