Viera, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been a long time reader of this forum and have read a ton of great advice. I like to consider myslef a knowledgeable pool owner. I have had several in my life and never really had any real issues. I am 2 yrs into a pool that I had custom built. I did nothing really fancy except having a variable speed pump, salt water system and pool heater. To date I have had zero chemistry problems and I try to have it checked weekly. I also added an above ground therapy spa. Having had those for years it was also nothing new but this one has been a challenge, I will post more in the spa section.

Anyway, glad to be a part of this porum now.
Tim

Reactions: WendyB5
Hello Tim and welcome to TFP! :wave: At some point you might consider updating your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include your test kit as well. You can see my signature as an example. Enjoy the forum. :swim;

Pool Care Basics

Hey Tharber and Welcome !!!

Stay out the pool store. Their free water tests are designed to sell you overpriced basic chemicals, like baking soda, at many times the cost of baking soda.

We test ourselves here and you have to spend a little on a quality test kit, in order to save a TON. You need either a TF-100 salt or TF-pro-salt from TFTESTKITS.NET, or a K2006C from Amazon(etc).

I cannot reccoment the TF-pro-salt enough. It comes with a stirring device that the others don't. You'll tire of swirling by hand and end up buying one at some point. You might as well get it from the start.