Hello from Scottsdale, Arizona

Do you have a cool place to store it? Basement for example? With a cool room I think you could probably store up to 2 months worth? That date code seems pretty new to me (I read it as March 9, 2017).

Yippee :flower:

Woooo!! Never seen the water this clear thanks to TFP.

There are still impurities and dead algae floating around as evident with the light on but its almost there. FC loss is still huge overnight but there's not much I can do without the TF-100 at this point. I have a single puck floating to mitigate some losses throughout the day but I'm more or less throwing in liquid chlorine to hold off any regression. I have the conditioner ready to go....

8B5C2AF2-71C9-4EDB-8C51-43D1110CCA75.jpg

3C8B42D1-ADA5-4C77-AB5E-072CB9F69208.jpg

Hi Mario,

Nice pool and it's looking a lot better!

Now that you have the 'proper test kit' you now need to make sure you try and follow the SLAM procedure exactly as it's written. Your low FC, dead algae and high consumption level indicates that you've probably got a way to go. Try and work your CYA up to 30 and then add liquid chlorine to hit and then maintain 12 FC.

Hey Mario-what's that TA number...80?? Just checking.

You're in a great spot now- got the kit (ain't it great?!), low CYA and ready to rock and roll. Bring that CYA up to 30 so you can see it on testing. You lost a lot of FC to the low CYA as well as algae killing up to this point.

Keep us updated, dude :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know, this happened after followed and start up tips from my local pool store then went lax on maintenance (that was party because of will but mostly because of skill). I remember taking these pics, a water sample and heading down for a test and what I knew was a pending purchase of at least $100 in chems. They did nothing.