Hello from Richmondish VA

Poolhockey

Mar 31, 2021
Richmond VA
Hello everyone,

I registered here to read and got ordered via email to introduce myself :). We bought a renovation project house 2 years ago that has an indoor pool. I am mostly done with the renovation and have been limping by with the pool but enjoying it quite a bit. This year I have some things to do to it and will be doing a lot of research here.

About me: I am an empty-nester, a chemist, and a diy-er, I have a lot of hobbies. New to pool chemistry but I am sure I will be able to sort it out.

About my pool: It is an indoor pool attached directly to my house, in cinderblock wall structure with too few skylights and plenty of windows. The pool is in-ground, vinyl lined, with two skimmer traps and two inlets. It is ~ 16x32 ranging from 3 ft to 5 ft deep, approximately 20,000 gallons, and is surrounded by a concrete deck within the structure. it has buried plumbing under the concrete unfortunately, with a pump and filter in a small closet right next to my main house. At some point, likely the very first year the pool was in use, a heat pump was added to the plumbing system with above-ground lines running from that closet along one side of the pool to the opposite corner of the pool room :( Rather than directly outside.
The pool is/has been running bacquacil and consuming very little product but it is expensive and I plan to convert.
My primary issue at the moment is a small leak at the pump inlet which I am beginning to research. It wouldnt concern me much because it's not a great deal of water loss, but water leaking from this area runs down along the foundation to a corner of the main house (which has a full basement) where there has been settling in the past, and which may be on-going. I need to eliminate water sources, basically, so this small leak needs attention before I start the pool.

I'm sure that's more than anyone wants to know about me so there it is.

-Ph

Welcome to TFP! :wave: We look forward to helping your with any of your pool and equipment issues in the future. Be sure to post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum for each topic so we can keep all the Q&As together. Thanks for posting, and have a nice day. :swim:

Wave Hello GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals