Portland, Oregon
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello - I'm appreciative this community exists. After we finished our build in April 2022, I hired one of the builder's employees to do our maintenance as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

As the invoices for chemicals and labor rolled in ($200 a visit, $25 for a gallon of muriatic acid, $100 to clean the filter) I knew I needed to take over the maintenance. I put it off all summer, but now I'm diving in headfirst. Just cleaned my pump basket for the first time myself (it's the small victories) and have been documenting everything I'm learning in a Google Doc with photos to create a customized owners manual just for my setup and hopefully get my 12 year old son involved with maintenance when the time comes.

Anyway, thanks in advance to the community. Getting my signature set up alone was a good learning exercise.

Reactions: Newdude
Hey R Dubbs and Welcome !!!!

Here's the skinny. Pool Care Basics
Read several times and give some time to process between rounds. Each time some more sinks in. Ask away at any time in an appropriate sub forum and we'd be happy to fill in any blanks. :)

Hey R Dubbs and Welcome !!!!

Here's the skinny. Pool Care Basics
Read several times and give some time to process between rounds. Each time some more sinks in. Ask away at any time in an appropriate sub forum and we'd be happy to fill in any blanks. :)
Thank you very much - will do.

Reactions: Newdude