Hello from Northwest PA

Jun 23, 2010
My family (wife, one year old daughter, and one more on the way) just purchased our first AGP. It is a 15 x 42 metal frame Intex. We purchased it as a "trial pool" to see if we would enjoy having one before we invested thousands of $$$. It's been up for a couple of weeks and so far we love it. The biggest pain has been getting the water clear since the pump/filter that comes with the Intex pools is not enough to handle the task.

I've already decided to make the switch to the BBB method!!

Firefighter (right?), welcome to TFP!

Many folks with Intex pools have upgraded their pump/filter setup, so it's something you can consider if the wimpy one continues to give you trouble. Some have found great deals on craigslist.

Are you having trouble with cloudy water? You could start a new topic in the Just Getting Started area, post some test results, and make sure there's not something else going on.

Melt In The Sun said:
Firefighter (right?), welcome to TFP!

Yep, and my department number is 28.

Melt In The Sun said:
Many folks with Intex pools have upgraded their pump/filter setup, so it's something you can consider if the wimpy one continues to give you trouble. Some have found great deals on craigslist.

Are you having trouble with cloudy water? You could start a new topic in the Just Getting Started area, post some test results, and make sure there's not something else going on.

I have already started looking at a new pump/filter, been keeping an eye on craigslist. We had a pool where I grew up so I have been going to my Dad with any questions on clearing the water. It's taken awhile, but the water has finally started clearing thanks mostly in part to what I have read on here. There was alot of dirt/sediment in the water which I couldn't vacuum with the vacuum that came with the pool, so I just stirred it up and let the filter run 24/7 and cleaning the cartridge 3 times a day.

Thanks for the welcomes!!