Sep 10, 2021
Nashville, TN
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi all! I’ve owned a pool for almost one year now. I have no prior knowledge of pools and after a summer of trying, I feel like giving up and just hiring a company to handle it all. When I hear people talk about pool chemistry, I wonder how come they didn’t become a scientist. 😊

Reactions: TexEdmond
I was right where you are in mid June, almost exactly. We bought last October and when things warmed up this season it all came crashing down.

Get a good test kit, they're worth their weight in gold. I actually enjoy testing, because it let's me tweak every little bit of my chemistry how I need it, and I can make sure I'm not adding chems that have knock-on effects somewhere else. That is where the PoolMath app comes in.

You've already got the SWG so things should calm down for you very soon. You got this thing and we're here to help.

Edit: autocorrect thought I like to twerk when it comes to my pool. I can say with 100% confidence I meant to say 'tweak' and I have no intention of putting the image in anyone's head, including my own, of me twerking. *shudder*

Last edited: