Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello All,

first time pool owner. Have a Leisure Fiberglass "Ultimate 35", approx 15k gallons with spa. Started in Jan 2019.

Had been just dumping a bag of salt every month for awhile. We didn't lay sod for a long time, so we were constantly vacuuming and I got one of those generic barracuda copies. Our filter (Hayward SwimClear 200) was getting filthy every 5-7 days.
Finally laid sod and started shocking with Cal Hypo and It'd be great for a day or two but it started to get a dusting of algae once or twice.

That's when I found TFP and it has been ridiculously amazing since then. Got the Pool Calculator app and ordered the F2006c test kit.

Brought my CYA up over 50 (test kit comes tomorrow, still using strips). Have only added liquid chlorine twice. Just dumped 120lbs of salt in yesterday.

TC and FC appear to be very close, and there is minimal/no loss overnight. Once I get my F2006c I'll have a better grasp of everything.

My goal is to basically have the SWC handle the chlorine and only shock when necessary - parties, big storm, etc.

I was really expecting the worst and thought I'd be doing a SLAM, but it turns out I just needed to know what I was doing. The water is CRYSTAL Clear and it just boggles my mind haha.

Right now the only issues we're having is some scummy buildup at the waterline. Not sure what is safe to scrub the fiberglass with.
And one of our Hayward LEDs isn't syncing up properly.

Thanks for having me and for an amazing resource!

Welcome to the forum. Try a Mr. Clean eraser on that tile.
Thanks!

The waterline is actually bare fiberglass. We're thinking of tiling it this winter, but for now it's bare.

It looks like soap scum. Not sure if that's considered scaling, but it's some sort of residue.