Hello from Buffalo

JDiGiacomo18

Aug 12, 2020
Buffalo, NY
I am a 14 year pool owner that has become pretty handy with the simple repairs I encounter. I have replaced my pump and plumbing and many repairs to my heater. Living in Buffalo the pool heater is vital to an enjoyable pool season. It extends the season about 2 months. Without it, we would hardly use the pool except for those really hot days in July and August. I am here now because I have been having issues with the heater lately.

See my heater thread Here.
It's a 14 year old Sta-Rite SR200HD. I have replaced every working component (blower, circuit board, Fenal, etc.) with the exception of the heat exchanger. I received a code last week E05 which is Stack Flue Sensor. Replaced it. The heater ran to temp and shut down! Cool right? Well, when it went to start up again it shut down and the service heater light came on. I checked the LED lights on the circuit board and the SFS light was on. I held down the "heater on" button and a reading of 40 displayed. So, that indicates a SFS again. I returned the 1st one and bought another one and installed it. Same exact thing happened. Ran to temp. Next cycle shut down. Is something causing my heater to blow the SFS or can it be something else? Maybe the heat exchanger needs descaling? I need help!!!

Last edited by a moderator: