Hello All, Need help finding replacement coping for a restoration.


New member
Jun 10, 2014
cincinnati, ohio
Hello from the rust belt,
I'm new as a poster on the forum although I've found a wealth of knowledge within it's confines over the past years. My sincere thanks to all those who seem not only willing but eager to share their experience and hard won knowledge.
I'm hoping that there might be others on this site who have had some luck in obtaining replacement components for a plaster bottom pool with corrugated stainless steel sides.
My swimming pool was installed in 1966 and is described as above. I have been in possession of the pool since 1999 (or perhaps I've been in possession of the pool since that time). As happens with swimming pools of this vintage, some components are disintegrating and require replacement. In particular, the concrete decking around the perimeter of the pool is suffering various degrees of "concrete rot".
I've spent a good deal of time looking for replacement (plastic) coping so that the decking can be re-poured but have had no luck locating anything that appears close to the existing coping.
The coping is a bullnose style with a four inch skirt below for placement of tile (which all wound up in the filter system years ago). The coping has a track on the concrete side which fasteners slide into to attach to the stainless steel wall near the top.
My thanks in advance to any and all who might shed light on my dilemma.
Take Care,


TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2012
Elverson Pa.
Welcome and thanks for joining TFP !
Sorry I can't help you out with your questions but somebody should be along to help ya out.

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
Hi friedpiper!
Welcome to TFP!

Would it be possible to post a pic of the coping? There are quite a few folks here that are in the pool biz and may be familiar with that particualr type and help out.
And a pic would be worth 1000 words.