heliocol stole my flow

I suspect you have multiple things going on, you have a long run and panels are mounted high on the house, plus you have the two banks of 5 panels adding to the flow restriction. As to turning the valve to allow part of the flow to bypass the panel, you can do it without a problem, however I would not do it blindly. Instead would suggest either installing a flow meter on the solar loop (Dave sells a nice one at TF-Testkits) http://tftestkits.net/FloVis-Flow-Meter-Full-Meter-p74.html, Optimal flow for most 4x12 panels is between 4.3 and 4.5 GPM per panel, although you generally don't loose significant performance until you get down below about 3 GPM per panel (which equates to about a 5-10% loss), below that and losses get bad fast or I would monitor the inlet and return temperature of the water going to the the solar panels while the sun is out, This could be done if you have a drain valve on the warm return side. Ideally you want enough flow that the return water is only a couple of degrees above the cold side water. This is backwards from what common sense tells you, but it is FAR BETTER to warm a lot of water just a little, than to warm a little water a lot. Since you would be blending cold pool water with the solar return water with the valve part way over, you can't just check the pool return water temperature.

Here are more photos - I thought this system was not supposed to breach the roof tiles?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4f2qv52yc1ofibz/AAAdD1aH4jLnHZLd5fz-Nkxqa

The installer has a call in to heliocol and will call back on Monday.
I checked the system on the roof for hot spots, but it's cool and overcast today so it's no surprise everything felt cool. I can hear gurgling in the first section (left side when standing on the ground behind on the house) on the roof but nothing on the second side (right side when standing on the ground).

Is there an 800- number or a way to contact heliocol directly?
All I can find is the fill out contact form, which is how I was connected with the installer.

ETA: I've been in contact with a heliocol sales rep who assures that a series configuration is best for anything over 8 panels and the current plumbing is the best possible layout given the dormer/ gabled roof.
He has taken all the information including photos from me and the installer and will get back to us tomorrow regarding heliocol's recommendation for adjustments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.