Heating Pool - Pulling from Main Drain vs. Skimmers

Nclife

Jan 26, 2021
Charlotte
So, I generally have most of the suction on our pool coming from the skimmers and the main drain at like 40%ish. In heating the pool is there anything to consider in pulling water from the top vs. the bottom in pool heating, or is it a question in search of a problem? My question is primarily whether one may be more efficient than the other.

cold water will fall to the deep end and the warmer water will raise to the top if you have no circulation.. once you have the pump running for longer than an hour it is all mixing.. I would leave it exactly like you have it now.. :)

If you wanted to test you could, turn it on 100% on main drain and run for an hour, test the before and after temp..
run 100% skimmer and do the same, test the before and after temp..

I bet it raises the same exact amount of temp :)

cold water will fall to the deep end and the warmer water will raise to the top if you have no circulation.. once you have the pump running for longer than an hour it is all mixing.. I would leave it exactly like you have it now.. :)

If you wanted to test you could, turn it on 100% on main drain and run for an hour, test the before and after temp..
run 100% skimmer and do the same, test the before and after temp..

I bet it raises the same exact amount of temp :)
Thank you!

You should get about 3 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.

I would run like normal.

You can point the return eyeballs down and that might be slightly better.

Keeping the pool covered is the most important thing.

Reactions: Nclife
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.