Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So the pentair rep showed up and replaced the cracked pump casing under 3 year warranty today. I told him the pump cracked when It was in spa mode, so please test that before you leave. Well the pumps ran, but when we shut off the spa booster pump water sprayed out of the vents onto the heater and now the heater trips the main Pool GFCI breaker. This less than 3 year old pool / spa has sprayed water onto the heater every time the spa booster pump runs and never trip the breaker until now. Fortunately the rep saw this and said he can fix it but the vents need to be fixed first. Also he said the GFCI breaker is not supposed to be in my main house breaker panel, it is supposed to be in the pump controller and used for the pumps only. The pool builder came out immediately and cut the vents put a 90 elboe on them facing away from heater now. He told me the GFCI breaker in the main panel is perfectly OK. Do I need to be concerned? I think I need the GFCI there because the power goes to Pump Panel, and the Electrician installed a breaker in the pump panel and it to the Pool room.

The pipes that loop in the left side in front of the heater. Those pipes were cut extended up higher and left open to vent air. When the spa booster pump runs and is then shut off water spurts out of the pipe on the left and onto the heater. Since the original post the builder came back and put a 90 degree elboe on top so the water spurts away from the heater. Water has squirted onto the heater but for some reason it is now causing the main breaker to trip.

Attachments

• 20160826_180933.jpg
    20160826_180933.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.