Heater has power but will not turn on

There should be a schrader valve -- tire valve core -- inside that needs to be depressed to allow the pressure to reach the switch. Just attaching that Tee won't do it, the valve needs to be removed, then the tee screwed on, then the switch screwed to one side, leaving the other available as a service port. The old switch likely just sits there useless.

If you look up inside the new switch, you'll likely see a little plastic nub in the center that is designed to depress the schrader valve. You could always just screw the thing onto the existing service port and leave the Tee and a note inside explaining what you did for the benefit of some future service technician. If he needs to get at the port, he can fix it right before he leaves.

You were bang on Richard. I took a closer look tonight (rain finally stopped) so I got out to my HeatPump. I unscrewed the little cap from my existing service port on the unit and realized that the left side of that T valve will screw onto my old service port. With one branch of the T becoming my new service port and the switch being on the other side of the T.

Connected it all and noticed it was feeling a bit wet underneath the connection so it was leaking. Took it off, took some teflon tape and tightly screwed everything together. Connected the wires the old way they were and just abandoned the old switch & wires. Unit fires up like it used to.

The refrigerant loss is minor during the swap as the only time it really lets any out is as your screwing the fittings together and it depresses the schrader valves. Now that I connected it all back up, will check again in the morning below the fitting to ensure its not wet/gooey as that would indicate its leaking refrigerant but it seems to be on there firmly now.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.