Hazy water after heavy rains

What I mean is I tested this am, FC was 4. I put enough in it per calculator to get it to 10. When I tested this eve it was 3.5. So, I did not test again after I added it to confirm it reached to 10. When I use the Great Value brand bleach, I consistently get right on my target so I never retest after my addition anymore. So I didn't today after adding the Fred's bleach by habit

Ah gotcha. That might do it. You could add enough to get to 10 and test after a few minutes for it to mix and see. That would tell you :)

Up to you. Just be sure to test the actual FC each time and don’t rely on what math tells you should be in there due to chlorine addition. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK. Time to start over. Your water is hazy still and you have elevated chlorine and you have passed the OCLT. That pretty much eliminates algae (organics) as the issue and only leaves debris or dirt as your culprit.........pretty unusual but it can be fixed.

You have to filter out the debris. Your pump must run 24/7, your filter needs to be cleaned/backwashed as needed and you should vacuum or run a robot as often as you can. Filtration is the correct answer now that yout test data eliminates organics.

OK. Time to start over. Your water is hazy still and you have elevated chlorine and you have passed the OCLT. That pretty much eliminates algae (organics) as the issue and only leaves debris or dirt as your culprit.........pretty unusual but it can be fixed.

You have to filter out the debris. Your pump must run 24/7, your filter needs to be cleaned/backwashed as needed and you should vacuum or run a robot as often as you can. Filtration is the correct answer now that yout test data eliminates organics.
When you backwash, how long (in minutes) do you leave the pump on backwash and then rinse? Maybe I am not backwashing long enough. The water in the shallow end seems very clear, nearly crystal. My deep end is what is now hazy, however I could read a coin on the bottom.

Backwash until the sightglass water is clear and not cloudy / dirty. Could be up to a few minutes. Rinse for 30-60 seconds when done.

Also I recommend you point the eyeball by the deep end on the returns down to mix the water down there up so it gets to the drains. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.