mozxegx

Nov 14, 2023
Managua, Nicaragua
Hello,

I upgraded from a single Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP to a Hayward Tristar VS 900 1.85 HP and I could be happier with it's performance. I have mostly 2" plumbing and set the max speed to about 3270 rpm, which would give me 65 GPM.

Today, I tried to perform a Quick Clean, and noticed there wasn't as much difference in terms of noise as it was before when running on max speed. Flow rate was also a bit below 58 GPM.

My Pentair SD-80 filter is relatively clean, and the pump is primed so that shouldn't be the issue. I also cleaned the pump basket, and made sure that my skimmer is clean. I checked the Diagnostic menu and there a 5 logs with the error "DC Voltage High". The power source is 230V and I never had trouble running my previous pump with that same connection.

Any ideas on what the problem is or how to troubleshoot it? Warranty is not an option unfortunately, so I will have to either find the solution or lose my investment :(

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Marcelo

I feel so dumb. My technical guide doesn't provide relevant information about that error message, but online I don't a different manual and it mentions that there's a safety measure in place when high or low DC voltage is detected, and that you just need to turn off the breaker for one minute and turn it back on to reset it. It worked like a charm :D

Reactions: Newdude
I always say I'd rather be an idiot for free, than smart with a many thousands dollar bill.

Glad it worked out the cheap way. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.