Hayward Therapy Jets

iTomHD

Sep 9, 2018
Ajax
Hey all!

We are getting a 12x26 ‘Bermuda’ Viking fiberglass pool installed.

The pool builder suggested getting 4 ‘Hayward Therapy Jets’ installed. I am considering installing them like this:103891

Questions I have though: Does anyone have experience or thoughts on these or other Therapy Jets in a pool? I cannot find videos of the effect.. anyone have such a vid/link? They sound cool, but haven’t found much info, videos, experiences, etc; so any feedback would be great!

Here is the info the PB provided:
Here is the link to the Hayward Therapy Jet so you can see the part.
Fittings Jet-Air | Hayward Residential and Commercial Pool Products

There is two housing assemblies behind the jet. One is for air and the other is for pressurized water.
The air and the water mix behind the fitting head.
I have built 2 ways. One way is to leave a tube out by the equipment that allows air to fill the tube and it will mix on its own with the water. The other way is to “force” air through the air line.
This is done with a Hot tub Blower (Air compressor or air pump). The result is more pressure and bubbles when the water re-enters the pool.

The Jets require the pool pump to draw the water from the pool and push the water back through the jets. The pool pump is not what makes the noise. It’s the compressor which can sound like a small vacuum. I am not aware of any product in the market that is a quiet air compressor or pump. We can only say muffle the sound by enclosing the air pump in something.

The hot tub blower and it is either a Jacuzzi, Silent Aire or Gecko. Most suppliers don’t carry a lot of stock of these blowers so I usually get what they have. I would use a one to 2 hp depending on the number of jets you would be getting.
All comparable in size, noise, quality and price.

And as mentioned, we can build the system without the added air feature if your concerned about noise. Just less pressure.

I do not have the exact same jet however very close in our hottub/spa, I love them, we do not run the blower often as the jets have enough force. They are adjustable for direction. I think on your seat ledge they are a great idea. even when not heated the jet give a nice therapy feeling.

John

Reactions: iTomHD
Hi, we have 2 therapy jets in our gunite pool - I wanted to use them to help massage my legs/back when needed.

I have one VS pump for our pool and when it is turned up, and the valve is positioned for the therapy jet mode, which bypasses our normal pool returns, the two jets are very powerful - my pool builder said if we turned the pump up all the way it could punch a hole in my back...

We do have an air intake just above our pool sitting area to add the necessary air to our therapy jets - so no extra blower is needed. It is a little bit loud when it runs due to the air sucking into the pipes, but nothing too annoying.

Our jets are nothing special - just regular eyeball fittings (just like normal returns) that shoot air & water out. I can adjust the eyeballs to point where I want a little and depending on the speed it is a pretty vigorous massage.

Here is a picture showing the jets running. My son uses them like a swim jet....

Last edited:
Just as an update - our two jets are pretty powerful and all the waves/ripples in the photo, across the entire pool, are from just the action created by just these two simple jets.

We have a sitting bench running along one entire side of the pool, and the 2 jets are above that bench near our sun shelf in one of the preferred sitting areas.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.