Hayward T-9 failing after 1 years

mvoltin

Silver Supporter
Aug 1, 2016
atlanta, GA
Hayward T-9 (W3T-CELL-9) purchased exactly 1 year ago for a tiny 8,000gallon heated pool. Kept it heated and covered most of the winter in Atlanta area and kept good chemistry except my pH seems to average around 7.8 with frequent acid addition. Usually run the cell at less than 5% in order to maintain 1-3ppm chlorine (so, it's producing plenty of chlorine)

The cell is able to generate chlorine with no issues but it has trouble detecting salt levels. Its currently reading 2200 when the actual amount is 3100. Recently cleaned the cell with MA solution and recalibrated salt sensor but it still continues to have trouble detecting actual amount of salt.

Any suggestions, how to address this issue? hate to have to buy another cell in a year. thank you

Update: Tried to troubleshoot some more and realized because of turbulence noise that there was air inside the cell (the cell is mounted horizontally and it angles up and down and air may have been trapped due to low water velocity). So, i increased the pump speed to force all the air out. Not sure if this will fix the issue and will report tomorrow.

but, now i have another problem: the cell wasn't calibrating and, finally, when it worked, I accidentally set it too high (3400 vs. actual 3000). So, now, when I try to recalibrate, it doesn't come down below 3400. I guess one can "upcalibrate" but not "downcalibrate"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.