Hayward SuperPump Change Voltage 230 to 115 - 3rd prong is covered

Jun 11, 2018
Soughton. MA
I am trying to change my voltage settings on AOSmith C48K2N143B1 from 230v to 115v. Why? My old plug broke, I wired a new one, but when I started the pump it hummed and popped the breaker. The plug I used is 15amp/125 volts, and I am worried the pump can't get enough juice. I can't find a 15 or 20 amp 230 replacement plug anywhere. I took off the black jumper and was going to line up the arrow to the 115v setting, but the left most prong already has a metal cover on it, the end of the cover has a tan wire sautered to it.

Am I supposed to move the tan wire to the right most prong that won't be in use anymore? Or does the metal covered prong mean I can't change the setting?

The power wires look bad, they should be redone.

The black jumper has an arrow that is often out of place.

The arrow should line up with the bottom of the two wires in the jumper.

For 230 volts, the bottom wire of the jumper lines up with the 230 arrow and the top wire in the jumper does not connect to anything.

For 115 volts, the bottom wire of the jumper lines up with the 115 volt arrow and the top wire in the jumper lines up with the 230 arrow.

I really appreciate your help. Made the change, but the pump is still humming so I am going to throw a start capacitor at it and make sure nothing is frozen up.

The power wires look bad, they should be redone.

The black jumper has an arrow that is often out of place.

The arrow should line up with the bottom of the two wires in the jumper.

For 230 volts, the bottom wire of the jumper lines up with the 230 arrow and the top wire in the jumper does not connect to anything.

For 115 volts, the bottom wire of the jumper lines up with the 115 volt arrow and the top wire in the jumper lines up with the 230 arrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.