Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
How do you handle programming the Super Pump VS when you want to run your heater for 10-15 hours or however long it takes to reach temp and then return to your set program schedule speeds? Kinda of an over ride i guess if available

Hi James. I am looking at getting one. Probably the Hayward Super Pump VS. I've read the manual on many different models and brands. Still haven't found a good answer. I only run my heater a few days early in season, maybe a couple of days in summer to boost temp and at end of season here in CT. It's not on automation. I just want to change the speed on the pump until it reaches temp and then have the pump resume it's normal programmed speed. I have no trouble manually pressing a button on the pump control, I just don't want to have to reprogram each time. It's not clear that if I set one of the "SPEED" buttons to a speed for the heater and set it to run 20 hours (for example) and then when the temp reaches after 10 hours, I want to stop that speed and return to program. Not clear in manual, if the stop/start button will do that. Perhaps I'll call Hayward. The local reps have been unable to answer the question. LOL

Thanks
Rich

Suggest the Hayward Tristar VS950 OMNI.
Very efficient variable speed pump, with the programable omni controller to run the heater, pump, salt system.
Tristar VS950 OMNI more info
Is the Omni Automation System separate from the pump. ? Have to buy pump and the Omni System? Must be pretty expensive since all sites say call for price. LOL

The OMNI controller comes as part of Hayward Tristar VS950 OMNI pump/system, not available online - only available thru a dealer.
Has a 4 year extended warranty when sold by a Totally Hayward® partner. Exclusions, other terms and conditions may apply — visit hayward.com/expert for details.

TriStar VS 950 can save up to 90% on energy costs, an average of $1500 per year, compared with traditional single-speed units. Could pay for itself with energy savings in a couple of years. Guessing around $2000 plus installation.

My Tristar VS 950 uses 230 watts @1500 RPMS, flows 50 gallons/minute, 2" pipe.
Run the pump 12 hours a day = 2.76KWH @ $ 0.13/KWH = $0.36 a day to run the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.