Hayward Super Pump VS 700 Omni. Does it really exist, and is it a good alternative to a full automation package?

riny

Gold Supporter
Aug 20, 2020
NY, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
So I'm planning out my new equipment for the spring. I have a pretty simple setup: pool, Jandy SWG (existing), and planning on: replacing my pump with a Hayward Super Pump VS, and adding a Hayward HeatPro heat pump. I have no spa, slide, water features, light show, or anything like that. (Actually I do have a single Pentair LED but I don't care about any kind of lighting effects. The standalone on/off switch is just fine.)

The heat pump will replace the solar panels which didn't do much anyway. This means I'll have no diverters. The flow will be: main drains & skimmer -> pump -> filter -> heater -> SWG -> chlorinator (as a backup) -> return jets. Piece of cake.

I wasn't planning on any kind of automation, because the pump can already do its own scheduling. But the heater looks pretty dumb, just on/off and temperature adjustments from the panel. No scheduling or anything. I don't plan to heat the pool overnight or on days when we're not able to use it, so some kind of smart heater control is definitely needed.

Looking at the Hayward website, the Omni pump seems like the perfect answer, a "lite" automation bundled with the pump. It can control the heater with a schedule or via remote access. And the Jandy SWG already does its own thing. So I'm thinking this will be an easier and less expensive option than full automation.

Unfortunately I can't find an online source to purchase this pump, maybe because it's not a consumer model. Can anyone give me an approximate price for this, and confirm that it really is good for this application?

So it looks like it is only available through pool installers... I have found a few places.. Here Hayward wants you to contact a local installer..

Here it explains how they install it and make it work..

You may try to get in contact with a local pool store and see if you can get it from them :)

Thanks, yeah everything I've found just says call for price. I'll try my pool store but I was hoping to have an idea of what to expect before calling them. I'm not sure if the pricing is fixed or if each store sets their own markup.

same thing I found also, call for price.. it is probably just an installer product.. Try calling Inyo and see if they can get it :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.