Hayward SharkVac getting stuck on raised drain

wsteve

Gold Supporter
Dec 6, 2020
Brooksville, Fl
Greetings
I have a Hayward SharkVac that worked perfectly the first year, the second year it started getting stuck on the raised drain covers. The first year it had no problem even with the pool pump running. I tried it with the pool pump shut off and that was no help. I contacted Hayward and their suggestion was to clean the filters - wow - I also mentioned that I had tested the SharkVac without filters and it still had the same issue so cleaning wasnt going to help - Hayward offered no other suggestion.

Having searched the web for a few hours I found lots of ideas of how to block the drain so the Vac would bounce off it. I saw one thread where they replaced all 4 tires and it started to work just fine. Anyone have any ideas on how to tell if the wheels need replacing?

Cheers

Steve

I would say the traction from the tires is the problem.. The tires have worn down and less traction.. :)
Thanks Cowboy - the tires are not slipping on the pool floor and still climbs up the sides. Its hard to fathom they would wear down in a vinyl pool with only 3 months of use and seems they around 90 bucks for a set of 4. From all of the other threads it seems pool vacs in general have problems with those raised drains

Cheers

Steve

Ohh wow, I thought you had it for a couple years not 3 months... There are some that do have problems and then some do not..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.