Hayward pump union changed

Savo

Jan 20, 2018
Matthews, NC
Hello,
I am replacing a Hayward single-speed pump (SPX4020X25NS) with a 2-Speed (SP3220X25). I have discovered that the old pump unions have a plumbing connection that uses a pressure ring-type screw-on nut, which has been replace by a simple sleeve and nut-type union.

My problem being - on the pump input side, the old union kits are pvc cemented in line with an automated valve and a check valve, with no room to splice in any 2" PVC extension. I would have to replace the entire segment that includes automated valve, check valve and union.

So, I am inquiring whether there is a conversion joint that matches the old style pressure nut to the screw-on union connector ?

Thanks,
Jeff

Maybe a 2"pipe extender would work.
If you cut back flush to the closest fitting/valve to the pump suction, an extender will slip into the old PVC pipe which is still glued into the fitting.
Then you can glue a coupler to the extender, and the new union onto the coupler.
Is there room to move the pump backwards a bit?
In any case, it should not be necessary to remove the valves.

Maybe a 2"pipe extender would work.
If you cut back flush to the closest fitting/valve to the pump suction, an extender will slip into the old PVC pipe which is still glued into the fitting.
Then you can glue a coupler to the extender, and the new union onto the coupler.
Is there room to move the pump backwards a bit?
In any case, it should not be necessary to remove the valves.

Thanks Mayorb for the feedback. There is room to move the pump and add some extension, however my issue is the hardware leading to the suction is all connected via 2" joints, all flush-mounted to each other < added picture >.
I see a use for an adapter that i am asking about, but doubt there is any made...Pump1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.