Hayward Prologic - spillover and pool modes

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
I have a Prologic 8, and I'm trying to tweak the settings to get things exactly where I want them. Ideally, for my nightly filter schedule, I would like to run the pump for an hour or so in spillover mode to clean the water and push any surface debris into the pool, then switch to pool mode for the rest of the time. The Prologic only has one setting for filter mode - spillover or pool. I can't seem to alternate them on a schedule like I want.

Anyone have this figured out?

You need to use a group function (assuming the software you have supports it). You can set a global setting for either pool or spillover that will be used for most of the functions. But in a group function, you can set the spillover setting as well. The only downside to a group function is that it needs to use one of the Aux relays.

It is all explained in the manual and if you don't have, you can download it from the Hayward site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.